Melitastitches4fun's Blog


Variations of a Florentine Design by Pat Mazu, an ANG Cyberpointers Chapter Project

I actually finished the stitching the rectangular design in Variations of a Florentine Design by Pat Mazu over the 5 days of the ANG Cyberpointers chapter meeting. Fun project.

The reddish, round, seed beads were the best match from my stash. Not sure what brand or size they are. They look like the same size as the Miyuki Japanese Seed Beed 10/0 Delica pictured next to it. Pat’s design called for 3 Delica beads to be strung together. They are more tubular (left bead in photo) than the round seed bead (right bead in photo).

I didn’t care for how 3 of the rounded ones lined up. The middle one looked like it was being pushed up. So, I modified the left and right side motifs by using fewer beads and more Kreinik. My neutral thread color didn’t work well and so I used the darker Marigold. I’m very happy with how it turned out.

Big thanks to Pat for sharing her designs. Dare I try finishing this? She certainly provides all the necessary instructions. And, she’ll answer any questions.


4 Comments so far
Leave a comment

Looks great !! I like the beads.

Comment by lpleyer

Thanks Linda!

Comment by melitastitches4fun

Looks great 😊. Yes you need to finish it! Lol
Sent from my iPhone
>

Comment by Jacqui Clarkson

Thanks for the encouragement!

Comment by melitastitches4fun




Leave a Reply to Jacqui Clarkson Cancel reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s



%d bloggers like this: